Wednesday, June 29, 2011

KAT HOLMES AND THE LAURELS SHE DESERVES

I just finished reading a

STELLAR review of Kat Holmes' second Muse release FROZEN by MizLove and Crew.

Natually I have to post some of it here and give you the

link for the remainder....



Frozen by Kat Holmes




Brent Larkin came to Antarctica to study penguins. He didn’t come looking for either adventure or romance. But when a freak storm blows in and he loses his way, that’s exactly what he gets. Attacked by some bobbing lights, he suddenly finds himself in a wintry forest surrounded by men with swords pointed at him. The next thing he knows he’s in a dungeon and chained to the wall.

Awni is the queen of Artica, a land of eternal winter. The daughter of a god, Awni’s cursed to never know the touch of another. Her icy skin is death for anyone who dares to touch her flesh. But, when a mysterious stranger shows up in her lands, she finds herself drawn to him. Eager to learn about his world, she invites him to spend time with her only to be shocked when he touches her and doesn’t freeze to death.

But Artica is a land ruled by tradition. Though she longs to keep Brent with her, the laws of the land force her to send him home. But without him, both she and the land begin to suffer. Now, Awni is facing the same peril as one of her ancestors. And if she perishes like her ancestor did, all of Artica will pay the price. Can Brent, returned to his own world, somehow find his way back and save her before all is lost?

Oh, I did enjoy Frozen. From the sexy but chilly cover to the very last hot word. Often fantasy stories can leave me feeling a little muddled or I struggle to keep up with the author’s vivid imagination. But not with this one. Ms Holmes has a wonderful way of presenting new concepts and worlds which make it so real and so believable that it’s very hard to stop turning those pages.

Awni is a great character. I felt for her living such a lonely existence and although it was a little predictable what happened with Brent, it was SO what I wanted to happen, so no complaints there.

Brent was lovely in that geek chic scientist kind of way, not that there was anything geeky about his hot bod, and the fact that his world was turned upside down and all logic thrown out the window, was even more interesting to see him cope with, given his profession. I also really enjoyed the way he had a wayward brother etc. A history and family. It made me connect with him all the more.

I read this in the garden on a warm and sunny day, and although plunged into Artica’s icy world I was soon heating up! The sex was steamy – boy was I jealous of Awni getting her cold hands on the delectable Brent – and the emotions ran high. There was also just enough plot tension for me to wonder exactly what the outcome was going to be.

Frozen is definitely a book I recommend and I eagerly await more in this series
Okay I

lied and accidently copied the whole review. Still if you want to see it in its natural setting, here's the direct link...
Let me tell you more...A reader also for Frozen left a positive review today as well.

Kat writes

erotica...it's what she does and also what her

editor has commanded she write.

I must assume, since I am nothing more than a

Mom here, if an editor

commands you continue writing what you've been writing you must do it fairly

well.

To date Kat has

10

contracts and all of them fall in the

HOT side of Muse Publishing, Inc. So anyone who wants top notch

erotic romance, Kat is here to give it to you all with joy.

I know there are those who cannot get into erotica and that is why Muse has the

Sweet Romance genrés. Muse has MANY authors on the Sweet side. But for those who want

sizzling tales, her stories deliver.

I write for both sides so I cannot make a

blanket statement telling my

readers if you see my name you can be assured you are getting

Sweet Romance or

Hot. You can only tell by the icon on the cover that states Muse It Up

(Sweet), or Muse it Hot

(erotica.)

If you have doubts, ever,

e-mail us and we will let you know which side of the Muse Publishing House one book or another belongs to. We have no wish to upset those who want Sweet, or deny those that want

HOT.

Our e-mail addresses are:

Lin( L.J. Holmes) Spatzdkat1212@yahoo.com
Kat (Kat Holmes) MyKitty130@yahoo.com

No comments: